APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller is
an upgraded version of 2.5; 2.6 with a Built-in Compass for FPV RC
Drone Aircraft is the new APM (Ardupilot Mega)
2.8, flight controller. The sensors are exactly the same as the APM 2.6
flight controller, however, this has the option to use the built-in
compass, or an external compass via a jumper. This makes the APM 2.8
ideal for use with multi-copters and rovers.
The APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight
Controller is a complete open source autopilot system and the
bestselling technology that won the prestigious Outback Challenge UAV
competition. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or
multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous
vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints.
This revision of the board has an
optional onboard compass, which is designed for vehicles (especially
multi-copters and rovers) where the compass should be placed as far from
power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference. (On
fixed wing aircraft it’s often easier to mount APM far enough away from
the motors and ESCs to avoid magnetic interference, so this is not as
critical, but APM 2.8 gives more flexibility in that positioning and is a
good choice for them, too). This is designed to be used with the 3DR
uBlox GPS with Compass so that the GPS/Compass unit can be mounted
further from noise sources than APM itself.
APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller
requires a GPS unit for full autonomy. You can add additional extras to
your AMP 2.8 board via the options above.
Using the built-in compass
To use the built-in compass simply
connect the jumper as shown below. If the compass jumper is removed
then the APM board will use the external compass which is best for
multirotor with a GPS/compass module mounted externally
POWERFUL GROUND CONTROL SOFTWARE
The downloadable mission planner software is what you use to configure and control your Ardupilot board, features include:
- Point-and-click waypoint entry, using Google Maps.
- Select mission commands from drop-down menus.
- Download mission logs files and analyzes them.
- Configure APM settings for your airframe.
- Interface with a PC flight simulator to create a full hardware-in-the-loop UAV simulator.
- See the output from APM’s serial terminal.
- Straight Needle
- Arduino Compatible!
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic data logging.
- Optional off-board GPS, a uBlox LEA-6H module with Compass.
- One of the first open-source autopilot systems to use Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmel’s ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and USB functions respectively.
Package Includes :
1 x APM 2.8 Multicopter Flight Controller.
2 x Connecting Wires.
No Guarantee No Warranty